Monday 29 August 2016

THIS VIRAL NIGERIAN BRIDE'S MAKE UP FREE WEDDING PHOTOS HAS GOT EVERY ONE TALKING

For many women, their wedding day is an event that requires meticulous planning, intense preparation and a lot of grooming.
Which is perhaps why this snap of bride Bisola Umoren, from Lagos, Nigeria, has gone viral. 
Ms Umoren went make-up free for her big day because, she said, she is 'not the make-up type'.
The stunning photograph of the bride was then shared on Twitter by user, Bra Kofi, where it was swiftly re-tweeted more than 1200 times.
 
Big day bare-faced: Bride Bisola Umoren (pictured) from Lagos, Nigeria, went without make-up for her wedding day, because she said she is 'not the make-up type'
Big day bare-faced: Bride Bisola Umoren (pictured) from Lagos, Nigeria, went without make-up for her wedding day, because she said she is 'not the make-up type'
Speaking to Nigerian news outlet, Naij, Ms Umoren explained her reasoning for having a bare-faced wedding.
 When my husband first met me, I had not had my bath, but he saw and fell in love with my natural look
She said: 'When my husband first met me, I had not had my bath, but he saw and fell in love with my natural look.
She continued, 'I'm not the make-up type. I don’t like any form of inconvenience or discomfort on my face, my neck and entire body. 
'It is not a church thing, it is just me and my personal decision.'
The candid photograph has been making waves on social media since it was uploaded earlier in August.
'She refused to wear make ups [sic] on her wedding day... Adwoa Mansa, can you do this? I dare you,' the original tweet read. 
Replies to the message have seen other women chiming in, saying they also avoided wearing make-up on their wedding day.
Others speak of 'natural beauty' and the fact that Ms Umoren looks glowing regardless of the fact she isn't wearing any products.

Culled from the Daily Mail

No comments:

Post a Comment